Career preparation is essential for your time at Syracuse University, whether you know exactly what you want to do or you are still thinking about your options. Reflecting on what you enjoy and do well, along with making plans and exploring your options, will equip you for the future you want.
Spring 2019 Events
For more information and to register, visit the links below:
Careers in Academia and Consulting with Carli Flynn – Thursday, February 7, 3:00-4:30 pm, 114 Lyman Hall
Careers in Publishing with Jennifer Romanello – Wednesday, February 13, 4:00-5:00 pm, 228B Schine
Career Exploration Workshop – Crafting your Individual Development Plan – Wednesday, February 27, 3:00-5:00 pm, 312 Lyman Hall
Careers in the Biomedical Industry with Angela Au – Monday, March 4, 5:30-6:30 pm, 312 Lyman Hall
For all events in the Graduate School, visit the calendar.
- MyIDP: An assessment and career planning resource for graduate students and postdocs in STEM fields.
- ImaginePhD: Start planning your graduate school career and assessing your skills, values, and interests. It’s a free, confidential and online tool especially designed for humanities and social sciences students, it has a wealth of information to help you start thinking about your future, whatever it may be.
- InterSECT Job Simulations: InterSECT allows PhD-level scientists and humanists to explore future career options.
- Vault.com: Provides in-depth information on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession. This resource is free to you as a Syracuse University student.
- Career Research Guide via Syracuse University Libraries: Additional career exploration resources and databases
- ‘Cuse Community: A helpful resource for finding alumni clubs, events, and connections