The coronavirus pandemic has brought unprecedented challenges for all instructors, including TAs. Here are resources and guidelines to help you navigate this challenging situation.
Online Success Toolkit- resources designed to promote successful online teaching and learning: course design, supporting students, tech training, and more
Course Development Form- get help developing your online course.
Academic Continuity Resources- guidance for teaching and learning in multiple modalities
Online Teaching for TAs: Getting Started for Fall- recording of an info and Q&A session for TAs, led by Michael Morrison (ITS) and Martha Diede (CTLE) (July 28, 2020)
Tech Tools for Teaching
Kaltura (Syracuse University’s cloud-based video service)
- Training sessions (recorded and upcoming)
- Zoom training sessions (recorded and upcoming)
- Zoom Basics Handout (PDF Format)
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra vs. Zoom comparison (PDF)
PlayPosit (a tool for adding rich content and dynamic interactions to video)
Teaching in the Time of COVID-19
- academic policies and procedures, with suggested syllabus language