FPP Annual Conference
May 16-17, 2019
The FPP Annual Conference will again be held in the bucolic surroundings of the White Eagle Conference Center in Hamilton, NY, the week following Commencement. The conference will feature a full slate of FPP-themed programming and opportunities to engage with faculty from SU and diverse institutions around the CNY region. Along with its relaxed and collegial atmosphere, the conference is notable for being free: registration, room, food, and round-trip bus transportation from campus are all covered by the Graduate School.
Highlights of the 2019 conference will include
- keynote address by Lena Hill, Dean of the College at Washington & Lee University
- plenary session on tailoring your research agenda for different institutions
- concurrent sessions on teaching, job search preparation, publishing, academic citizenship, life balance, and more
- screening of Paywall: The Business of Scholarship and discussion with the filmmaker, Clarkson University professor Jason Schmitt
Faculty from the following institutions (at a minimum) will participate: Clarkson University, Colgate University, Hamilton College, Hartwick College, Mitchell Community College (NC), SUNY Cortland, Syracuse University, University at Albany, Washington and Lee University.
Programs from Past Conferences
- VIDEO: Keynote address, “The Two Cultures of Higher Education and Their Impact on Academic Freedom,” Dean Jeffrey Buller, Leadership and Professional Development, Florida Atlantic University
- VIDEO: Keynote address, “The Entrepreneurial Professor,” Prof. George Justice, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Arizona State University
- VIDEO: Keynote address, “We Are All the Corporate University” Prof. Matthew Huber, Geography, Syracuse University
- VIDEO: Keynote address, “The Internationalization of Higher Ed: Implications for Faculty” Dr. Jason Lane, Educational Administration and Policy Studies, University at Albany.
- VIDEO: Keynote address, Realigning Higher Education (Prof. David Lankes, School of Information Studies, Syracuse University)