The Graduate Dean’s Award recognizes up to 8 graduate students annually for their overall academic record and the outstanding quality of their research or creative activity at the University. Doctoral and master’s students in good academic standing from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Two primary criteria are used to judge applicants: (1) the overall strength and impact of the applicant’s achievements in research or creative work as a graduate student at Syracuse University, and (2) the strength and impact of the applicant’s proposed presentation of research or a creative work.
The 2023 Graduate Dean’s Award recipients are:
- Sarthak Gupta (PhD, Physics)
- Alexander Hartwell (PhD, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering)
- Odlanyer Hernández de Lara (PhD, Anthropology)
- Lauren McCormick (PhD, Religion)
- Samaya Nasr (MA, Museum Studies)
- Katie Stone (MFA, Studio Arts)
- Kelly (Mi) Tran (PhD, Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises)
- Jeongwon Yang (PhD, Mass Communications)
Awardees receive $500 and make a 5-minute presentation on their work as part of an award symposium to be held Friday, March 24, at 3:00 p.m. in Maxwell Hall 204. RSVP here.