These research resources can equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue research at the graduate level and to prepare for a career in research.
- Office of Research. The Office of Research enhances and deploys University resources in support of research, scholarship, and creative activity. Its departments include:
- Office of Sponsored Programs. OSP can help identify potential sources of external funding for your research, and will work with you to craft and submit your grant applications.
- Office of Research Integrity and Protections. ORIP ensures that all research involving human or animal subjects at the University complies with applicable regulations and standards. This includes administration of Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) processes.
- Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. OIRA provides research services to the University, primarily in support of assessment requirements and other data-driven, outcome-based needs. It can assist in the design and administration of surveys and other tools for research projects.
- Subject-area librarians. SU Libraries are staffed with subject specialists knowledgeable in the most useful library holdings and research tools for your field of study.
- Information and Technology Services. ITS provides services, training, applications, and infrastructure to support your technology needs as a student, teacher, and researcher.