Effective September 21, Syracuse University will be offering the Care.com membership at no cost to
current graduate assistants and fellows.
Syracuse University is partnering with Care.com for our NEW family care benefits. We know that life is unpredictable, so to help alleviate some of these unexpected challenges, we are providing you with Care.com membership services.
Finding the right ongoing care for your family can be hard, especially when you’re balancing the demands of your role as a Graduate Assistant. Whether it’s keeping the kids on track with distance learning, ensuring someone is watching the kids while you are in class, after-school care, or the responsibility for aging parents, sometimes you need additional support.
*You will use your (9-digit) Syracuse University ID to register.
About Care.com and your membership
Premium, unlimited access to Care.com to find caregivers, tutors, senior caregivers, pet walkers and sitters, house cleaners, and more.
How it works
- Log in to your account in the Care.com app or Syracuse University’s Care.com website.
- Search for caregiver profiles that match your needs in your area, or post a job for candidates to apply to.
- You can schedule interviews from any device and request background checks. Once you’re ready to hire, you can schedule and pay for your caregiver on Care.com.
- Care.com offers tools and resources to help you hire safely.
Learn more at Care.com safety center.
What does my Care.com membership include?
You get unlimited access to the world’s largest network of caregivers. There, you can explore detailed caregiver profiles in your area, post a job for caregivers to apply to, access the Care.com Safety Center and background check options, send real-time payments to caregivers, and even learn about household payroll and tax assistance.
What precautions does Care.com take to maintain a safe community?
Your family’s well-being is important. That’s why Care.com offers tools and resources to help you evaluate risk and stay savvy about safety. At Care.com safety center you can find:
- Safety guides to help you make safer decisions throughout your caregiver search
- Background Check Guide
- Option to request and run a background check on a caregiver
- Safety resources to stay informed and help keep you and your family safe
- Safety FAQs
How do I pay for care?
You can pay caregivers directly, through the Care.com website or Care.com app.
What if I already have a Care.com account?
If you already have a Care.com account created to find caregivers, you will need to merge the account with this sponsored membership. During enrollment, take the following steps:
- Visit Syracuse University’s Care.com website
- Click on “Let’s Get Started” and follow the prompts
- When you see “Are you new to Care.com?” select “No.”
- Enter the email address and password associated with your existing Care.com account. You will be prompted to provide your unique SUID to verify your eligibility for this sponsored membership.
What if I need accessibility support to access my Care.com Membership?
To the extent that Syracuse University members with disabilities need assistance accessing any part of Care.com’s user experience, they may call the Care.com Expert Assistance team at this designated phone line 855.781.1303 ext. 4.
Who is eligible for the Care.com membership?
Current graduate assistants and fellows are eligible for the Care.com membership at no cost.
Who should I contact if I am a benefits-eligible graduate assistant, however, I am having trouble enrolling in the Care.com membership?