Once you have an idea of the kinds of careers and work environments that interest you and you have developed your professional skills, it’s time to refine your job application materials, strategize about your job search, and start applying. Our Job Search Preparation workshops, combined with drop-ins and individual coaching sessions, with help you to make a lasting, positive impression on prospective employers.
Fall 2019 Events:
CVs and Resumes for STEM PhDs – Wednesday, September 4, 1:00-2:30 pm, 608 Bird Library
CVs and Resumes for Humanities and Social Science PhDs – Wednesday, September 4, 3:00-4:30 pm, 608 Bird Library
For all events in the Graduate School, visit the calendar.
- Big Interview
- Student Jobs 101 at LinkedIn
- Cost of Living Comparison: When you move to a new city, the cost of living in that city probably differs from Syracuse. This calculator can help you understand how salaries should change in different cities.
- Career Research Guide via Syracuse University Libraries for additional career exploration resources
- USAJobs: to search and apply for Federal Government jobs
- Idealist: Wide-ranging site featuring jobs and other resources related to the non-profit sector.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: general information on salaries from the federal government.
- Career Onestop / America’s Career InfoNet: information for state and national salaries using occupational types.